We are going to show you a profile for a few seconds.
When we are done we will ask you a few questions about the resume.
Don't worry about remembering everything, we just want you to gauge your first impression of this job seeker.
The timer on the right will count down for you.
Click here when you are ready:
(+1) (XXX) XXX-XXXX, XXXX@XXXX.XXX, San Jose CA 95131
A Software Engineer who has 2+ years experience in backend development and data engineering. Passionate
in building highly reliable systems using latest technologies.
Languages: Java, Python, Scala
Web service development: RESTful API, Cassandra, Spark, Hadoop, HDFS, MySQL, Redis, Docker,
MongoDB, Spring Boot/Data/MVC/AOP, Flask, Junit, Mockito, Selenium, Bootstrap, HTML, CSS, Git.
International Technological University
Jan 2019 - Apr 2020
Core member, Green Campus backend service development
· Created micro-services including login, gateway, data extraction, and data storage.
· Persisted data to MySQL database using JPA and optimized data I/O with Redis caching.
· Built a centralized configuration service using Spring Cloud Config integrated with Git. Incorporated Netflix
Eureka as service registration and discovery.
· Enforced project health by introducing JUnit and Mockito testing framework.
Jul 2018 - Sep 2018
Software Engineer Intern
· Responsible for providing an automated data collection and analyzing system for drug testings.
· Redesigned and migrated backend services into micro-service architecture using Spring Boot to improve
· Implemented a new generation of traffic data infrastructure (Java, Scala, Spark) that can automatically
extract, transform and store parsed data to HDFS.
· Improved project code quality by implementing unit tests with over 90% coverage and developed a UI testing
framework using Selenium.
Job recommending system development (Java, Python, MongoDB)
· Built a web service that can search and promote new jobs to students based on their resume.
· Developed a data collection service that constantly craws job information from popular job boards like Indeed,
LinkedIn and Monster.
· Built data pipeline to Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) job data into MongoDB.
· Implemented a recommendation service based on TF-IDF algorithm to find the keywords similarity.
· Designed and developed fault tolerant backend server using Java Spring framework backed with MongoDB
to support RESTful APIs.
International Technological University, San Jose
Sep 2018 - Apr 2020
Master of Science in Computer Engineering, GPA: 3.93/4.0 (top 1%)
Core courses: Advanced Algorithm Design, Distributed System, Computer Network, Design Pattern
Shandong University, Jinan Master’s degree
Sep 2015 - Jun 2018
China Medical University, Shenyang Bachelor’s degree
Sep 2010 - Jun 2015