Seattle, WA 98101 | (XXX) XXX-XXXX | XXXX@XXXX.XXX
linkedin.com/in/vandana-iyer | github.com/vandana-iyer
Tech-savvy Machine Learning Engineer experienced in working with large datasets leveraging data wrangling, statistical
modeling, machine learning, and data visualization techniques to extract insights and make predictions. Highly skilled at
working with long short-term memory models (LSTMs), recurrent neural networks (RNNs), convolutional neural networks
(CNNs), natural language processing (NLP) and single-page applications (SPAs).
Innovative product development professional with six years in full-stack web development. Cross-functional collaborator
adept in managing teams in front-end projects, introducing various methods to decrease data collection and testing time and
improve overall delivery. Fully authorized to work in the United States.
Machine Learning: Supervised, Unsupervised, Deep Learning
Additional skills: SQL, AWS, Google Cloud, REST API, Jupyter, NLP, Git
ML Engineer and Founding Member | INDEPENDENT – Seattle, Washington & Bangalore, India
Apr 2016 – Present
• Used deep learning and NLP to create an automated travel blog that helps users achieve blogging efficiency with an
Artificial Intelligence (AI) assistant that automatically logs memories of travels.
• Used Convolutional Neural Networks (CNNs) to achieve a 20% improvement in the accuracy of dog breed classification
by processing real-world, user-supplied images.
• Worked on the entire lifecycle of a Fraud Detection project that helps track down fraudulent clicks from advertising
channels, achieving a 70% improvement from the baseline model.
• Created a blog crawler using BeautifulSoup , a python library that decreased data collection time from two days to under
seven minutes, a time saving of over 98%.
• Founding member of a mass customization start-up that focussed on delivering personalized experience to users on a 3D
rendering platform which was built using blender-python.
Technical Lead, Product Development | GLOBANT – Bangalore, India
Jan 2013 – Apr 2016
• Led a team of eight developers, liased with clients and provided technical expertise on product specific issues to build
• Owned Proof of Concept development for new initiatives that grew project account by over $2 million.
• Led end to end product development from concept to release, implementing Agile methodologies and proposed best
practices to ensure improvement in project delivery cycles by 15%.
• Responsible for competency development of all team members by conducting technical workshops and hackathons.
Software Engineer, Product Development | SYMPHONY INFOSPACE – Bangalore, India
Aug 2010 – Dec 2012
assessment software for students that helped faculty better understand and analyze test performances.
• Implemented unit and integration testing frameworks that decreased manual testing effort by 60%.
• Proposed efficient solutions to redundant database calls from Object Relational Mapping (ORM) layer, thereby
improving efficiency by over 50%.
• Collaborated with a 25 member cross functional global team on a daily basis to ensure timely delivery of complex
Machine Learning Engineer Nanodegree | UDACITY – Online
Bachelor of Engineering, Computer Science | VISVESVARAYA TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY – Belgaum, India 2008
Co-Organizer | SEATTLE WOMEN IN DATA SCIENCE
Secretary | WILDLIFE AWARENESS & REPTILE CONSERVATION ORGANIZATION/WARCO INDIA
2018 – Present
2014 – Present