XXXX@XXXX.XXX | (XXX) XXX-XXXX
SUMMARY Analytical, metrics-focused, and customer-driven. SaaS marketing leader with 9+ years experience driving growth
across technology companies from bootstrapped to Series C. Led teams through one successful exit and two
major fundraising rounds. Passionate about digging into the “why?” and bringing out the best in people.
Remote (I am based in Seattle, WA)
Vice President of Marketing
April 2017 - Present
● Member of executive team and first Marketing hire. Lead demand generation, product marketing, content and
social, marketing ops, brand, and comms. Manage a team of two.
● Led the company to find product market fit. This included an overhaul of al marketing and go-to-market
strategies, as we pivoted from sel ing enterprise services to sel ing two SaaS products to mid-sized IT
companies. Appsembler is 100% bootstrapped.
● Oversaw ~470% YoY recurring revenue growth and ~685% sales pipeline growth in our SaaS line of business.
● Rewrote company narrative, and redefined company’s target ideal customer profile (ICP) and buyer personas.
● Designed and implemented marketing tech stack and product analytics, empowering our team to identify
gaps in the customer journey, A/B test, learn, and quickly iterate.
● Led the relaunch of product’s pricing, packaging, and messaging. Established company positioning as a
hands-on, immersive training platform for software and IT training.
● Designed and optimized free trial experience for new users, resulting in a 38% QoQ increase in MQL
conversion rates and ~20% decrease in CPL.
● Established marketing KPIs (# MQLs, $ sales pipeline, and $ revenue) and OKRs.
● Serve as interim head of HR/Ops - created employee benefits (401K, health benefits, parental leave policy,
vacation policy), and led the revision of company’s culture and values. Andela (Series B led by Chan Zuckerberg in June 2016)
New York, NY
Director of Growth Marketing
November 2015 - April 2017
● First marketing hire to establish performance marketing, managed team of 7 (demand generation, product
marketing, content, marketing ops, BDR). Developed and executed marketing strategy to support Andela’s
revenue growth leading up to Series B fundraising round.
● Drove 10X MRR growth and 3x annual revenue growth from 2015 and 2016.
● Grew lead conversion rate to closed won for marketing-sourced leads by +150% within 12 month.
● Built and implemented an integrated customer acquisition that comprised the fol owing demand gen
programs: content marketing, paid media, email marketing, lead nurturing, webinars, SEO/SEM.
● Established integrated marketing tech stack & data platforms (Hubspot, Google Analytics, Unbounce, etc)
● Launched content marketing strategy, content calendar, and conversion rate optimization strategy
● Established performance marketing KPIs, marketing analytics and dashboard reporting, thereby increasing
Marketing accountability and senior leadership visibility into performance metrics. Hiatus
Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia, Myanmar, Cambodia, Singapore
Backpacked around SE Asia for 6 months.
June 2015 - November 2015 Booker Software (Acquired by MindBody in March 2018)
New York, NY
Director of Marketing & Strategic Channel Support
June 2014 - June 2015
● Key member of Booker’s award-winning marketing team during Series C fundraising round. Developed and
executed go-to-market strategy for marketing programs across Sales and Business Development channels ● Partnered with senior leadership to identify and execute upon incremental sales & ARPU opportunities. Drove
sales support and planning, as wel as strategy, execution, resource budgeting and coordination
● Forged Sales/Marketing alignment by developing and publishing organizational KPIs, reporting, and
cross-departmental SLAs to facilitate transparency and accountability
● Led ideation, planning and execution of marketing campaigns ranging from top-of-funnel to post-sale,
contributing to +50% increase in inbound marketing-qualified leads
● Directed bottom funnel content marketing/lead nurturing strategy and sales col ateral creation
● Drove marketing initiatives for external partnerships (Yelp, Como, PayPal) & new vertical launches
● Redefined the Client Referral channel and supported the creation of a new Affiliate Partner channel. Defined
architecture of online customer experience and internal processes/automation TravelClick (Acquired by Amadeus in August 2018)
New York, NY
Product Marketing Manager
2013 - 2014
● Created and managed go-to market strategy for Americas Inside Sales and Account Management channels to
accelerate sales growth and maximize customer retention
● Led the creation of a Renewals team focused on renewing clients’ subscription products. Build reporting,
strategy and touchpoint cadence, and rol ed out renewals process to 6 new hires.
● Built and executed Inside Sales campaigns in XXXXXX $10.1M in annual sales, ~20% YOY sales growth
● Owned end-to-end campaign process: defined value prop and competitive positioning, developed targeting
and segmentation strategy, managed lead generation, and built reporting and analytics dashboards
● Delivered col ateral, sales support tools, and training to enable Sales teams to win new business American Express
New York, NY
Business Development Manager, Emerging & Mobile Payments
2012 - 2013
● Identified and engaged innovative startups to source mobile payments capabilities for AXP’s Global Network
● Built executive relationships, influenced key stakeholders, and drove deals through col aborative negotiation
● Led the ideation and development of a mobile payments location-based offer capability in Singapore
● Led partner dialogue to identify relevant use cases, deal economics and investment opportunities
● Led the ideation, partner selection, and development of a POC that leveraged QR code technology to
facilitate digital payments from trial users’ mobile phones in Mexico City.
Finance Manager, Pricing & Strategy
2010 - 2012
● Delivered consultative pricing strategy for client management teams to win business and maintain margins
● Managed a team of two analysts and directed team’s pricing workflows for al smal to mid-sized clients
● Led the pricing of 58 signed deals in 2011, achieving a team-high win rate of 78%, resulting in $800M+ of
projected bil ed business
Finance Analyst, Digital Card Acquisitions
2009 - 2010
● Analyzed consumer card portfolio cohorts to determine product values and investment profitability (NPV)
Cornell University - College of Arts & Sciences
Bachelor of Arts, Economics & Finance - 3.6/4.0 GPA
May 2009 Marketing tech stack: Hubspot, SalesForce, Outreach, Google Analytics, MixPanel, Unbounce, HotJar, AdStage,
and Facebook/LinkedIn/Adwords platforms. Passions: Traveling, amateur rock climber (climb at 5.10+ grade), running, hiking, job coaching, and eating a lot of