Senior Director, Corporate Development
Business Development and Corporate Strategy – Business Development and Corporate Strategy
At PagerDuty, we believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values - Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself - serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture. Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, participating in our monthly Hackdays, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
Why We Need You
As Senior Director, Corporate Development, you will be responsible for planning and managing inorganic growth and expansion initiatives, acquisition opportunities, M&A transactions, and other strategic investments and projects. You will report to SVP of Business Development and Corporate Strategy and you will play a key role in supporting the company’s rapid growth, strategic expansion, and market leadership in Digital Operations Management. Your work will span the lifecycle across inorganic strategy development, target sourcing, evaluation and engagement, business planning, deal execution, and integration. You will collaborate cross-functionally with senior executives and strategy, product, engineering, sales, finance, legal, marketing, people, and other business functions to drive planning, coordinate execution, and realize value and opportunities for the business.
- Identify and evaluate inorganic growth and expansion opportunities and potential targets, in collaboration with executive management, cross-functional teams, and relationships in the ecosystem
- Develop business plans for acquisitions and strategic investments (e.g., business case, value drivers, cross-functional synergies)
- Develop and present high-quality recommendations and deliverables for executive reviews and contribute to associated acquisition strategy and execution discussions
- Manage relationships and processes with target companies and external parties (e.g., bankers, VCs)
- Act as a central deal lead for M&A transactions and strategic investments and project-manage deal planning, valuation, structuring, LOI/term sheet, due diligence, and other parts of deal execution with key stakeholders
- Collaborate across business functions (product, engineering, sales, finance, legal, marketing, people, etc) to gather the right information, pressure test business cases, co-create deliverables, accelerate execution and unlock value
- Orchestrate integration planning and management with a cross-functional team, focusing on key value drivers, integration initiatives, and KPI management
- Bachelor’s degree with strong academic performance. Preferably MBA (or similar) from a top-tier program
- 10+ years total work experience with several years of experience in corporate development, investment banking, consulting, or private equity/venture capital. Track record of high performance in past roles
- M&A experience in planning and executing transactions. Preferably also experience in integration planning and post-close integration management
- Software / SaaS industry domain experience. Preferably relationships in the industry and with bankers, VCs, etc.
- Strong analytical and financial skills to work on complex business issues
- Entrepreneurial self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced, innovative high-growth environment
- Effective at building relationships, collaborating, and influencing others; experience working with senior executives and cross-functional teams
- Strong communicator, able to convey complex ideas in a clear, concise manner both verbally and in writing; comfort in both business and technical discussions
PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE:PD) is the leader in digital operations management. In an always-on world, organizations of all sizes trust PagerDuty to help them deliver a perfect digital experience to their customers, every time. Teams use PagerDuty to identify issues and opportunities in real time and bring together the right people to fix problems faster and prevent them in the future. Over 12,000 businesses including GE, Vodafone, Box, and American Eagle Outfitters rely on PagerDuty to continuously improve their digital operations. To learn more and try PagerDuty for free, visit pagerduty.com. Follow our blog and connect with us on Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Facebook.
Competitive salaries and company equity
Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family
401K with 1% match
Pre-tax commuter benefits, FSA, cell phone allowance and more!
Generous parental leave
Paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to 12 paid holidays and ample sick leave
Paid employee Volunteer Time - 20 hours per year
Monthly company wide hack days
Catered lunch daily plus breakfast on Wednesdays, and plenty of snacks and drinks
Convenient office location in SoMa tech hub – accessible by BART, Muni and CalTrain
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
To all recruitment agencies: PagerDuty does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PagerDuty employees or any other company location. PagerDuty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.