New York, NY
We are the first sleep fitness company. We design products at the forefront of sleep innovation. Our mission is to fuel human potential through optimal sleep. We use innovative technology, detailed design, and proven science and data to personalize and improve each night for everybody—changing the way people sleep forever and for better.
Backed by leading Silicon Valley investors including Founders Fund, Khosla Ventures and Y Combinator, we’ve raised 68 million to date. We were recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Consumer Electronics in 2018.
Our temperature-regulated smart bed is an absolute game changer, improving people's health and happiness by changing the way they sleep. It was named one of Time Magazine’s Best Inventions of 2019. We’re excited by the recognition and still have a long way to go toward achieving our mission.
That's why we are looking for an Algorithms Engineer to help us expand our product features and algorithms accuracy. We stream data from our biometric sensors and other data signals to understand what’s happening with our members. We don’t only use this to educate our members on their sleep health and to educate them into improving, but we also make near real-time decisions to affect the behavior of our technology.
We are seeking someone who is passionate about learning, innovating, designing, implementing, and supporting machine learning algorithms and pipelines in direct participation with our product development lifecycle. We look for self starters with strong ownership over what they’re building, who are invested in the member experience.
How you'll contribute:
- Partner with designers, product managers, and engineers to build the first-ever sleep fitness solution
- Build critical insights that directly affect product behavior and member-facing reporting, striving for top-notch accuracy and optimal efficiency
- Explore and execute on creative ways to obtain industry-grade labeled data
- Work on increasing reliability, testability, and scalability of our systems
- Ensure velocity and quality through design, processes, and tools in a CI/CD environment
- Own and proactively support what you put into production
What you'll need to succeed:
- Masters in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Data Science, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience building back-end or data systems with high level of ownership
- An excellent understanding of machine learning principles and best practices
- Ability to create production-ready software in Python and/or C#Proficiency with SQL and NoSQL
- Desire to work on-site at our office in Flatiron
- Experience creating training and labeling pipelines
- Back-end distributed systems experience in a cloud environment
- Nice to have: experience with Node with Typescript, C++, Rust
- Experience in the healthcare, wellness, and/or eCommerce / retail company or have familiarity with health data and eCommerce trends and best practices
Why you'll love working here:
- We’re a tight-knit, passionate team that’s working to improve people’s lives by improving the way they sleep
- Leadership is committed to employees’ wellness and career development
- You’ll get a better night sleep every night; all full-time employees receive our product
- Flexible, generous PTO
- 100% employer contribution for medical/dental/vision insurance
- Discounted gym memberships, commuter benefits
- Weekly team happy hours and lunches
- Office snacks