Senior Product Designer
Product – Product
Together we’re building a company that will endure and products people will love for generations to come.
We believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values - Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself - serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture.
Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, participating in our monthly Hackdays, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
Solve for what’s next—at PagerDuty.
Why We Need you
We are building a digital operations management system to help IT operations groups as well as the entire Enterprise respond to issues quickly and provide data visualizations to help reduce issues and improve overall quality. A seamless, simple web and mobile experience is crucial to our continued growth. We are looking for a seasoned Product Designer who will have a considerable impact on making our user experience among the best in any category. You love designing intuitive experiences that delight your users and make them successful. You are creative and thoughtful, but you also care deeply about understanding customers and considering their feedback. You have a healthy interest in product development and collaborating with a team to turn your designs into a beautiful reality. If we’ve just described you, then let’s talk about a role in our growing product design team.
- Design beautiful, useful, and desirable user interfaces and experiences in a team environment.
- Generate clear and simple ideas, concepts, and designs for both mobile and desktop experience from beginning to end.
- Design, build, maintain, and implement pixel-perfect design systems.
- Participate in an iterative design process, inspired by group critique.
- Manage the quality of design through all phases of the process and the live product.
- Create user-centered designs by considering market analysis, customer feedback, site metrics, and usability findings.
- Collaborate with cross-functional scrum teams: lead user research, prototype customer flows, design information architecture, and deliver final visual design for desktop and mobile.
Skills & Attributes
- Grasp how effective visual communication (from font pairings to style tiles) helps translate compelling ideas across any team, in any field.
- Stay in the loop and on top of the latest standards, changes, trends in the visual design field.
- Function independently and in a team environment, with excellent collaboration skill.
- Be a passionate and effective advocate for design with non-design audiences.
- You have 5+ years of relevant experience in the visual design of digital products that have been released to the market.
- You have prior experience designing data visualization products and/or SaaS software.
- You have an excellent online portfolio showcasing UX, UI, and visual design work.
- You are highly skilled in Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Keynote and other design tools.
- You have the ability to think at a high level about product strategy but also act–with speed and precision–to deliver the tactical pieces to realize it.
- You have good communication skills.
- You have shipped consumer grade UI both on mobile and desktop.
Competitive salaries and company equity
Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family
401K with 1% match
Pre-tax commuter benefits, FSA, cell phone allowance and more!
Generous parental leave
Paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to 12 paid holidays and ample sick leave
Paid employee Volunteer Time - 20 hours per year
Monthly company wide hack days
Catered lunch daily plus breakfast on Wednesdays, and plenty of snacks and drinks
Convenient office location in SoMa tech hub – accessible by BART, Muni and CalTrain