We are looking for a Partner Operations Associate who can use their exceptional analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills to help us manage our technology partner network and maintain our position as the leading provider of distributed energy resource management software to electric and gas utilities.
As Partner Operations Associate, you will help manage and grow relationships with our industry-leading ecosystem of Internet-of-Things and distributed energy resource (DER) partners, including the leading technology providers in the electric vehicle, solar, energy storage, thermostat and water heater industries.
The Partner Operations Associate will play a crucial role in ensuring the health and continuous improvement of our partner ecosystem. From building the business case for extending our platform into new device classes, to helping the business development team identify and develop relationships with new IoT and DER partners, to managing day-to-day operations with our existing partner ecosystem, you will be involved in all aspects of maintaining our partner network. You will interact closely with our client success, sales, finance and product teams to ensure that our ecosystem partnerships support the overall revenue and strategic goals of the business.
This is an ideal position for someone who wants to learn about all operational aspects of a growing software business and be on the cutting edge of new clean energy technology.
- Assist the senior business development team in managing day-to-day relationships with device partners in coordination with Client Success, Marketing, Sales, and Product teams
- Monitor technology partner-related work streams using project management software and assist in identifying technical or operational performance issues which need to be escalated to the senior business development team
- Manage monthly utility and partner invoice process in concert with Client Success team
- Onboard new technology partners into our partner ecosystem, including working with the Product team to articulate our platform integration strategy and assess integration capabilities of technology partners and the Client Success team to establish business processes with new partners
- Advocate on behalf of our company and our utility clients for technical and business process improvements by partners
- Work with other business development team members to resolve issues with partners related to their technical or operational performance in utility programs.
- Support the Sales team by providing pre-sales technical and business consultation regarding partner capabilities
New Business Development
- Research market opportunities and leading IoT and DER vendors to become new partners in our ecosystem, and help develop business cases for integrating those partners’ devices with our platform
- Develop relationships with new potential partners via networking and attendance at industry events
- Assist the senior business development team in negotiating and executing contracts with new technology partners
- Willing to travel up to 20% of the time
Desired Abilities and Skills:
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills; attention to detail
- Willingness to communicate desired outcomes to internal and external stakeholders and hold others accountable for achieving those goals.
- Comfortable managing many projects/work streams concurrently. Willing to be a jack-of-all-trades and pitch in to get the job done
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with and manage internal stakeholders, including members of the senior management team, in order to achieve desired outcomes
- Proficient in Powerpoint, Word, Google Docs
- Proficiency in Excel including the ability to use Excel formulas (including VLOOKUP, INDEX MATCH) and Pivot Tables
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 to 4 years of work experience, preferably in a project management role
- Software or energy industry experience a big plus
Why work for Us?
Collaborate with outstanding people: Our employees work hard, do great work, and enjoy collaborating and learning from each other.
Work with the latest technologies: You’ll lead a team to solve a broad spectrum of IoT, SaaS and machine learning challenges, including distributed fault-tolerance, soft-realtime discrete optimization, and process modeling to support scalable and correct interaction with disparate downstream APIs.
Be part of something important: Make a positive impact on our climate. Lead a team of engaged and dedicated people and make an impact on their careers.
Lead the culture: We place high value on our team culture. Happy hours and holiday parties are important to us, but what’s also important is how our employees feel every single day. You’ll have a chance to place your stamp on this alongside everyone else.
Who we are
Alongside sharing a passion for energy, problem-solving, and innovation, we’re photographers, thespians, gamers, skydivers, skiers, and runners. We also have a contingent of folks who play a mean kazoo and plastic trombone.
We area growing enterprise software company that works with the most forward-thinking companies in smart energy. Our platform lets consumers turn their smart thermostats, electric cars, water heaters, and other products into virtual power plants that keep the grid stable and enable higher penetration of solar and wind power. We work on technology that already provides energy and cost savings to millions of people through partnerships with the leading companies in the Internet of Things.