We are looking for a Machine Learning/ Data Science Engineer for https://betterhalf.ai/
Betterhalf is the first AI-powered compatibility product designed for 10M working professionals. Our goal is to get to No.1 or 2 spot in Indian matrimonial industry in the next 2-3 years.
Betterhalf.ai is currently covered as the top 20 startup stories of India for 2018 (re: YourStory). Product is used by 100,000 users and looking to hit 10M in the next 3 years.
Press Coverage: https://betterhalf.ai/press
What is the company about?
We're building the world's largest AI-based partner prediction technology based on the past data of millions of married couples.
This invention unique in its way in the partner search industry has the potential to offer a useful and valuable product for 200M globally. The company is founded by two MIT, USA Alumni.
We’re a U.S based company with the operational centre based out of Bangalore, India. We’re currently a 15-member team and expected to grow to the size of 100 over the next few years.
Why you should reach out?
If you’re interested in the product and deliver on humongous responsibility to build a globally successful company (globally 200M people including 10M Indians) with the continuous thrill of ups and downs of the startup, feel free to reach us at email@example.com
Job Description/ Responsibilities :
As an ML Engineer, you'll be involved in analysing millions data points on users’ personality, likes/ dislikes, demographics information, relationship attributes. Based on this analysis, you will be responsible for creating next generation artificial intelligence-based life-partner matching/ prediction algorithm.
- Design machine and deep learning systems
- Research and implement appropriate ML algorithms and tools
- Implementing appropriate ML Algorithms
- Study and transform data science prototypes
- Select appropriate datasets and data representation methods
- Run machine learning tests and experiments
- Perform statistical analysis and fine-tuning using test results
- Train and retrain systems when necessary
- Extend existing ML libraries and frameworks
- Demonstrable experience delivering and deploying a machine learning-based feature.
- Understanding of data structures, data modeling and software architecture
- Understanding of all the stages of developing machine learning-based systems: labeling data, selecting algorithms, training, model development, visualization, regression, updates, debugging.
- Mastery of at least one language from this list: Python, Java, R, Golang; or a well thought out argument for a language that is not on that list but should be.
- Knowledge of machine learning frameworks like TensorFlow, Keras and PyTorch
- Proven experience with machine learning tools, including one or more of: Scikit-learn, Numpy, SciPy,
- Pandas, Matplotlib, Jupyter Notebook, Spark.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- Btech in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or similar field; Master’s degree or higher degree is a plus
- Experience troubleshooting and debugging.
- Strong communication skills
Nice to have
- Have a strong understanding of the concept of building generative design
- Have experience in any field of Architecture, Engineering or Construction
- Understanding of the challenges surrounding applying machine learning to rich media, including automatic speech recognition (ASR), natural language processing (NLP), object detection and image recognition.
- Hands-on experience Deep Learning, Artificial Intelligence and data science techniques and their frameworks
- Understanding of computer vision applications with cognitive systems
Cash and stocks for U.S company (to be discussed on a case to case basis)
- Great company culture with a very friendly and encouraging environment
- Amazing location in HSR Layout, Bangalore
- Modern, comfortable workplace, with areas to chill when you need it
- Free lunch with lots of healthy snacks
Betterhalf.ai has successfully raised $1M and is backed by prominent Angel Investors and many MIT/ HBS/ Berkeley/ Wharton Alumni. Betterhalf is a high-growth stage company that is expected to do Series A in 12 months.