New York, NY
Eight Sleep is the first sleep fitness company. At Eight Sleep we design products at the forefront of sleep innovation. Our mission is to power human potential through better sleep, using innovative technology, detailed design, and proven science and data to personalize and improve each night for everybody—changing the way people sleep forever and for better. Backed by leading Silicon Valley investors including Khosla Ventures and Y Combinator, it was named by Fast Company in 2018 as one of the Most Innovative Companies in Consumer Electronics.
We've just launched our temperature-regulated smart bed, the Pod. It's an absolute game changer, improving people's health and happiness by changing the way they sleep. Early feedback is great, but we still have a long way to go toward achieving our mission.
Eight Sleep is looking for a UX/UI Designer to lead our e-commerce product design. If you love to create delightful digital customer experiences in a bustling environment, this is the right opportunity for you.
How you'll contribute:
- Extend the Eight Sleep brand into well-crafted user-first experience across all our customer e-commerce interactions
- Design the user experience of our eCommerce product including A/B test variations, landing pages, and purchase-related emails
- Utilize the Eight Sleep style guide to create outstanding designs that maximize the output of the customer journey
- Help build and maintain a style guide as the e-commerce experience evolves.
- Work closely with other designers to ensure a seamless brand experience across other brand products including the mobile app and product packaging
- Participate in usability tests to help guide your designs
- Utilize analytics tools to identify key areas for product improvement
- Track and measure performance KPIs (bounce rates, time on site, CVR, etc) to measure the impact of design improvements across the e-commerce experience
- Collaborate with engineers and product managers to translate your designs into the final experience
What you'll need to succeed:
- 2+ years of experience designing responsive e-commerce experiences
- Proven track record of delivering successful design products to market
- Expert at creating deliverables using tools including Sketch, Invision, Figma, and Adobe Suite
- Capable of discussing front end development and emerging web technologies. Experience working with agile methodology
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills, ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop design iterations
- Frontend development skills a plus
- Familiarity with Shopify, analytics tools and commonly used marketing stack tools and services is a plus
Why you'll love Eight Sleep:
- We’re a tight-knit, passionate team that’s working to improve people’s lives by improving the way they sleep
- Leadership is committed to employees’ wellness and career development
- You’ll get a better night sleep every night; all full-time employees receive the Pod
- Flexible, generous PTO
- 100% employer contribution for medical/dental/vision insurance
- Discounted gym memberships, commuter benefits
- Weekly team happy hours and lunches
- Office snacks
At Eight Sleep we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our values by ensuring everyone feels they can flourish and grow. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.