Director, Strategic Planning
Finance – Finance
Together we’re building a company that will endure and products people will love for generations to come.
We believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values - Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself - serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture.
Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, participating in our monthly Hackdays, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two bands, or doing our day to day work, we live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
Solve for what’s next.
Why We Need You
We are building out its global Finance function and is looking to recruit an experienced professional to build a team, develop robust planning processes and strategic analyses to support capital allocation and investment decisions and strategic initiatives.
In addition to managing the long-term plan, the candidate will model financial scenarios, work closely with the corporate strategy team to model potential investments and support strategic transactions. The ideal candidate will have a comprehensive understanding of key business drivers and will also be able to lead strategic analyses and deliver insights to the business to inform decision-making and capital allocation.
This role reports to VP, FP&A and is based at our headquarters in San Francisco, CA. This is a fantastic opportunity for an energetic, motivated, and organized team player to get in on the ground floor with a fast growing, newly public company.
How You Impact our Vision
- Maintain and improve the long-term model, evaluating key drivers and assumptions.
- Develop robust financial modeling scenarios to evaluate strategic investments. Partner with the corporate strategy team to model and evaluate opportunities.
- Develop and implement frameworks for effective investment decision making to ensure decisions are aligned with shareholder value creation.
- Prepare various ad-hoc analysis to support go-to market strategy and evaluate program spend.
- Contribute to the evolution and execution of financial updates for various internal and external stakeholders, including CEO, executive leaders and the Company’s Board of Directors.
- Provide critical input to the VP, Finance, CFO and other members of senior management regarding the financial performance of the Company, including recommendations for action and collaboratively developing operating policies and procedures to enable the attainment of corporate and business objectives
- Preparation of executive presentations, including financial results and comprehensive business analyses and recommendations for senior management and the Board
- Partner with key stakeholders to develop, measure and monitor our key business metrics and highlighting how those metrics impact our financial management processes.
- Lead, motivate, develop and retain a high quality team.
- A Business-oriented undergraduate degree with an emphasis in Finance or Accounting
- MBA and/or CPA is preferred
- 10+ years of progressive growth in financial management roles in high growth companies. Software/SaaS industry experience is preferred
- M&A and / or investment banking experience is preferred
- Core competencies in financial planning, financial & economic modeling / analysis, capital planning and supporting strategic transactions.
- Well-rounded leadership and management background, including: extensive financial planning experience in industry as well as strong track record in related areas such as financial reporting, project financial analysis and strategic planning in public companies.
- Experience leading, motivating and mentoring/growing teams.
- Previous experience implementing and using and enterprise-wide planning tool.
Competitive salaries and company equity
Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family
401K with 1% match
Pre-tax commuter benefits, FSA, cell phone allowance and more!
Generous parental leave
Paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to 12 paid holidays and ample sick leave
Paid employee Volunteer Time - 20 hours per year
Monthly company wide hack days
Catered lunch daily plus breakfast on Wednesdays, and plenty of snacks and drinks
Convenient office location in SoMa tech hub – accessible by BART, Muni and CalTrain