Technical Support Specialist I
Customer Support – Customer Support
Together we’re building a company that will endure and products people will love for generations to come.
We believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values - Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself - serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture.
Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, participating in our monthly Hackdays, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
Solve for what’s next—at PagerDuty.
PagerDuty is looking for Technical Support professionals to help our users when they contact our customer support. Your responsibilities will include technical support, billing, and some occasional sales inquiries as well. We pride ourselves in providing amazing support to our rapidly growing customer base. We strive to be very responsive and to go above and beyond for our customers. We measure our customer support success in terms of how responsive we are and how many expressions of love we get from customers. You’ll play a crucial role in maintaining our friendly and personal rapport with our customers, even while the company scales in size
- Taking all first line calls from customers and identifying initial issues
- Successfully resolving customer email and phone requests through the use of varied ticketing, content and task management tools
- Identifying and tasking issues that require involvement from Engineers and Tier 2/Tier 3/Tier 4
- Managing some billing and sales related requests
- Excellent written communication skills
- Hands on experience managing customer issues through a ticketing solutions (such as Zendesk)
- Hands on experience in a technical support capacity, supporting customers using an Enterprise Software or SaaS Solution
- Prior experience taking calls directly from customers in a technical support capacity
- Be willing to work specific hours to provide SLA time-based coverage to our customers (for example 8 am-5pm, 9am-6pm)
- The ability to write about technical subjects clearly and in a non-boring style
- The enthusiasm and patience to handle customer support and billing requests over the phone
- The ability to be highly organized in keeping track of unpaid customer invoices and chasing them down for payment
- An excellent work ethic and attention to detail
We are looking for candidates to join us in our office in San Francisco (in the SOMA neighborhood). We can offer a great career path for the ambitious individual who wants to learn and acquire a number of high valued technical skills and work closely with Tier 3 and 4 engineers willing to coach, train and support you in adding technical and coding skills to your skill set.
Competitive salaries and company equity
Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family
401K with 1% match
Pre-tax commuter benefits, FSA, cell phone allowance and more!
Generous parental leave
Paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to 12 paid holidays and ample sick leave
Paid employee Volunteer Time - 20 hours per year
Monthly company wide hack days
Catered lunch daily plus breakfast on Wednesdays, and plenty of snacks and drinks
Convenient office location in SoMa tech hub – accessible by BART, Muni and CalTrain
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
To all recruitment agencies: PagerDuty does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PagerDuty employees or any other company location. PagerDuty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.