About This Role
As a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the design, development, testing, and deployment of products that help companies communicate with their customers in deep and personal ways. We service over 1.8 million API requests per minute and our SDK is installed on over 2 billion devices around the world. We are a small team of <15 engineers and our technology stack is built in Ruby on Rails, Go, Scala, and React, running on Cassandra, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, and Kafka. We containerize and deploy with Kubernetes on AWS.
As a member of Apptentive’s Heartbeat team, you will be responsible for designing and building our series of next phase products, focused on helping customers track and monitor their overall perception with their consumers. This is a full-stack initiative, requiring new approaches to our UX as well as rethinking the way we aggregate and evaluate the millions of events their customers generate through our SDKs.
What you will do:
- Work within a cross-functional team including product & designers to implement, test, deploy, and support the next major features for Apptentive
- Build the next generation of scalable Apptentive services to handle our growing business requirements, using modern languages (e.g., Go), databases (e.g., Cassandra), and infrastructure (e.g., Kubernetes & Docker)
- Write performant, maintainable code that is easy to read and well-documented
- Write automated tests to thoroughly validate the correctness of your code
- Participate in a lean/agile development process that focuses on customer value delivery, low latency engineering practices, and individual software engineer ownership
- Support and maintain features within the current web application
What you should have:
- 5 or more years of software development experience, preferably for an event-driven SaaS product
- 5 years of experience delivering full-stack features
- Exposure to, or strong interest in learning Go
- Strong working knowledge of Ruby on Rails and React
- Experience with a flavor of the JVM a plus (Scala, Java)
- Place a high value on CI/CD principles
- Exposure to NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Cassandra) is desired.
- Good knowledge of data modeling, object-oriented design, and algorithms.
- Prior experience building well-architected production APIs
- Strong understanding of how services are designed, built, deployed, scaled, and maintained
- Close attention to detail and commitment to building high quality, scalable products
Apptentive's solution measures shifts in sentiment from customer experience to win back consumers and activate fans. Using intelligent tools and precise targeting, Apptentive helps enterprise brands capture actionable emotions and feedback from the 90 percent of consumer voices typically missed, and quickly turns that feedback into action. We’re a growing, well-funded startup based in Seattle that’s passionate about building great products with a fun, dedicated hard-working team.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and equity packages
- Flexible PTO policy and generous family leave
- 401k, HRA/FSA and monthly Orca pass
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance 100% premiums paid
- Paid professional development (conferences/courses)
- A chance to build something great with other amazing people
How We Work
- We have ownership on how we complete work and take responsibility for our outcomes
- We are creative in how we approach problems and deliver pragmatically
- We share information and learn from each other
- We pride ourselves on being adaptable because change is a constant
- We focus on the customer to give them a voice
- We make mistakes, learn and improve as we iterate
How We Do Not Work
- We are not aggressive or competitive with each other, and we greatly appreciate diverse thinking
- We are not defined by our roles. We get opportunities to work on new areas to expand our knowledge and abilities
- We don’t work at all hours, because we have friends and families, and they are important to us
Apptentive is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
This position is based at Apptentive in Downtown Seattle and offers competitive salary and benefits.
Principals only-- No recruiters please. We are unable to sponsor visas at this time.