Desktop Support Administrator
IT – IT
Together we’re building a company that will endure and products people will love for generations to come.
We believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values - Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself - serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture.
Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, participating in our monthly Hackdays, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
Solve for what’s next—at PagerDuty.
Why We Need You
At PagerDuty, we?re building an incident management platform to help IT operations groups detect and respond to issues. Startups, Fortune 500 companies, and everything in between rely on us to alert them quickly when they have operational troubles. We need someone energetic and addicted to problem solving to join our internal support team, and make sure that our other employees all have the tools they need to make PagerDuty even better. We are on a search for a dynamic Desktop Administrator to add our team!
As the 'Fixer' across the PagerDuty team, you are known to be a strategic problem solver, because you know how to address every issue that comes your way. You are able to track common issues and then get to the root cause of the problem, saving yourself and your fellow employees valuable time. You know how to lay out IT infrastructure such that it is there when people need it and it does not break. You know OS X like the back of your hand and can communicate that knowledge clearly and helpfully, both in person and in writing. You know how to make Windows behave. You are familiar with the tools and software used to manage desktop machines for any environment. You are ready to bring those skills to PagerDuty, then hone and extend them. If this is you, we encourage you to apply!
*Please note that this role may be filled at a level II based on previous experience.
How You Impact Our Vision: Key Responsibilities
- Proactively address issues by building out processes and automation
- Provisioning equipment for the San Francisco office
- Maintaining and improving office communications infrastructure like telephones, video conferencing, internet connections, and office networking
- Maintaining and running productivity tools like a wiki (Confluence), a bug tracker (Jira), and other SaaS based tools
- Making sure that everyone has the access they need to their email, calendar, and other tools
- 2+ years of desktop support / systems administration
- Highly experienced with troubleshooting and administering Mac OS X (We are primarily a Mac shop), but also comfortable in Windows
- Familiar with Google Apps, Otka, Jira, Confluence, and other SaaS based productivity tools
- Familiar with employee on-boarding and off-boarding
- Comfortable with configuring AV setups
- Strong customer focus
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- You May Also Have
- Linux experience
- Coding/scripting experience
Competitive salaries and company equity
Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family
401K with 1% match
Pre-tax commuter benefits, FSA, cell phone allowance and more!
Generous parental leave
Paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to 12 paid holidays and ample sick leave
Paid employee Volunteer Time - 20 hours per year
Monthly company wide hack days
Catered lunch daily plus breakfast on Wednesdays, and plenty of snacks and drinks
Convenient office location in SoMa tech hub – accessible by BART, Muni and CalTrain