Senior Security Engineer
Engineering – Information Security
Together we’re building a company that will endure and products people will love for generations to come.
We believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values - Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself - serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture.
Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, participating in our monthly Hackdays, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
Solve for what’s next—at PagerDuty.
Do you relish the opportunity to design systems, tools, and solutions to enable mission critical applications to securely operate and scale? Do you dream about contributing to organization-wide initiatives to automate, optimize, and secure? Do you believe in developing processes and solutions that make security the easy choice? Yes? Then read on to find out more about what makes PagerDuty a great place to be a Security Engineer!
As a Senior Security Engineer at PagerDuty, you’ll be a part of an amazing team that’s intensely focused on securing our products, improving our security processes, and building the future of security at PagerDuty.
How You Contribute to Our Vision
- You will be the voice of security with our developers, teaching best practices for developing secure code.
- You will help our engineering teams build out application security frameworks that hook into our continuous integration systems.
- You will have the opportunity to contribute to exciting security initiatives like secret management, secure SDLC, threat modeling, red teaming, and security design reviews.
- Since we own and operate what we build, you’ll collaborate closely with engineers across teams. You will partner with our internal development teams to ensure we deliver secure, highly reliable and scalable solutions to our customers.
- We practice Chaos Engineering, so you’ll have the opportunity to be involved in our weekly Failure Friday sessions, where we deliberately break our systems, find weaknesses, and fix them proactively.
- With 10,000+ global customers and growing, you’ll be solving really interesting technical challenges while helping to scale our product to keep up with demand.
- Participating in our team’s on-call rotation, triaging and addressing security issues as they arise.
About You: Skills and Attributes
- You have a track record of stepping up and leading successful security engineering projects.
- You are comfortable with loosely defined requirements where you exercise your analytical skills to clarify questions, share your approach and collaborate with the rest of the team to build/test elegant solutions.
- You have a drive to get results without letting anything get in your way.
- You have a desire to stay ahead of the latest industry trends and technologies, a track record of sharing contributions to the wider security engineering community and a commitment to continuous learning.
- You have experience coaching and mentoring others.
- You have an understanding of the importance of empathy: you should have an open mind to others - no matter how senior or junior they are.
- You have a calm, assertive approach to diagnosing and fixing urgent problems.
- You believe security should make it easy to do the right thing.
- The ability to solve security problems without saying "No".
- Strong understanding of Application Security and secure SDLC
- Knowledge of modern web service hosting technologies, development languages and frameworks.
- Experience in or working familiarity with modern DevOps and CI/CD.
- Proficiency of at least one programming language (e.g. Ruby on Rails, Python, Phoenix/Elixir).
- Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to develop effective relationships with coworkers in locations around the globe.
- The desire to develop processes and solutions to make security the easy choice.
- Strong experience in the design and implementation of cloud technologies (AWS).
- Experience working in an agile environment with iterative development and fast feedback.
- Pen Testing.
- Software development.
- Mentored engineers on security best practices.
Competitive salaries and company equity
Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family
401K with 1% match
Pre-tax commuter benefits, FSA, cell phone allowance and more!
Generous parental leave
Paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to 12 paid holidays and ample sick leave
Paid employee Volunteer Time - 20 hours per year
Monthly company wide hack days