Director, Strategic Enterprise Sales (West)
Remote - US West
Sales – Enterprise Sales - QC
At PagerDuty, we believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values - Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself - serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture. Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, participating in our monthly Hackdays, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
You are the leader sales reps will follow despite all odds, to take down a number. You are motivating, highly disciplined, don’t need anyone else to run your numbers and reports, can maintain the respect of the reps working for you while driving them to continually higher standards.
You have been there, done that. You’ve been an incredibly successful sales rep, in an enterprise field sales role. You know your stuff inside and out, from using tools like salesforce.com to training others in best practice sales process and methods.
You understand what it means to work in a SaaS environment, on a month-to-month basis, constantly challenged to meet targets.
You also understand what it means to manage a team of sales reps, in a very hands-on way. You enjoy being elbow-to-elbow on a deal, and guiding their focus or developing their skills. You are a true leader and demand a lot of your team. You employ discipline, attention to detail, drive, and ensure people show up with their “A” game. You are a team player and wouldn’t ask anything of your team that you wouldn’t expect of yourself.
You are not your typical sales leader. Your customer matters just as much as your number. You have an intense curiosity and need to please and support the customer, and this helps inform your approach to sales, knowing when to push a deal through and knowing how to be consultative. You know how to do this with both the customer and the other internal organizations at PagerDuty, who support the same goals.
You believe in utilizing great technologies to run a tight, efficient sales process.
Finally you aren’t afraid of a technical product and a technical customer. You have hands-on experience selling technical products and are someone who jumps right in, prioritizes product knowledge and will do anything you can to know this product and the customer, inside out.
How You Impact Our Vision
- Manage and lead a team of up to 6-8 field sales reps in cities with geographic relevance to the region.
- Create a culture of performance, efficiency and focus within our sales organization, by outlining and sticking to best practices and processes that work effectively to get the most out of our enterprise sales team.
- Enable and ensure strong and disciplined approach to outside sales at the Enterprise level; driving adherence to sales process, usage and utilization of tools and technology, developing best in class capabilities around the entire lead to close process.
- Support and coach reps daily in lead qualification, deal management and closing activities.
- Deliver timely and accurate pipeline information and forecast to Sales Executive and the Management team; providing detailed analysis of sales effectiveness and proactively owning solutions and improvements to efficient and effective sales.
- Partner closely with marketing to ensure the most effective demand generation programs, playbooks, sales enablement are all in effect to drive sales performance.
- Build out and take ownership of all tools and technologies to support sales effectiveness working closely with our Business Systems and Sales Operations teams around salesforce.com and other tooling.
- Be a leader of “A” players; hire, enable, coach, train and trim your team so they are a high performing machine, who LOVE coming to work, LOVE our customers and know what it means to win.
- Be a customer advocate; while the number is always important, you have to know what it means to put our customer first and ensure their success. Our commitment and vision as a company is to our customers first and being a sales leader who can role model that commitment, is critical to us.
- 10 years in sales, with ideally at minimum 5 years as a Field Sales Rep
- 5 years as a Sales Leader of field reps
- Extensive experience selling saas solutions into large mid market and enterprise customers
- Demonstrated success in meeting and exceeding quotas, building teams and building incredibly successful sales professionals
- Demonstrated success in traditional enterprise, long cycle sales processes
- Expert in building process-oriented sales workflows, tools and productivity models
- Strong to expert in salesforce.com; you can build and run your own dashboards, reports, use extensive filters and custom objects (if you need to) in order to get complete transparency to your business and rep activity
Are you passionate about Joining a creative company where you are pushed beyond your comfort-zone both professionally and personally? Then apply now.