Lead, Mobile Engineer
New York, NY
We are the first sleep fitness company. We design products at the forefront of sleep innovation. Our mission is to fuel human potential through optimal sleep. We use innovative technology, detailed design, and proven science and data to personalize and improve each night for everybody—changing the way people sleep forever and for better.
Backed by leading Silicon Valley investors including Founders Fund, Khosla Ventures and Y Combinator, we’ve raised 68 million to date. We were recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Consumer Electronics in 2018.
Our temperature-regulated smart bed, the Pod is an absolute game changer, improving people's health and happiness by changing the way they sleep. It was named one of Time Magazine’s Best Inventions of 2019. We’re excited by the recognition and still have a long way to go toward achieving our mission.
That's why we are looking for a talented Lead Mobile Engineer to help bring to life a beautiful software experience to compliment the hardware experience. Specifically, we're creating in-app digital services for sleep improvement and a subscription model around them.
How you'll contribute:
- Be the hands-on technical lead of a talented and energetic mobile engineering team
- Partner with designers, product managers, and engineers to build the first-ever sleep fitness solution
- Build our app-- our member-facing software experience for controlling their bed, receiving reporting and insights on their sleep health, and a host of other features that improve their sleep fitness
- Ensure velocity and quality through design, processes, and tools in a CI/CD environment
What you'll need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT or related technical field, or equivalent experience with solid portfolio of apps in both the App Store & Google Play
- React or React Native experience
- 7+ years mobile or front-end software development experience
- 3+ years in a lead capacity with direct reports and/or mentoring junior engineers
- Experience integrating with multiple 3rd party APIs
- Desire to work on-site at our office in Flatiron
- Mobile app development experience with a proficiency in Swift, Objective-C, Java for Android, and Typescript
- Knowledge of both Apple HIG and Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience working with continuous integration
- Data visualization experience
Why you'll love working here:
- We’re a tight-knit, passionate team that’s working to improve people’s lives by improving the way they sleep
- Leadership is committed to employees’ wellness and career development
- You’ll get a better night sleep every night; all full-time employees receive our product
- Flexible, generous PTO
- 100% employer contribution for medical/dental/vision insurance
- Discounted gym memberships, commuter benefits
- Weekly team happy hours and lunches
- Office snacks
We continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our values by ensuring everyone feels they can flourish and grow. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.