Technical Support Engineer I
Customer Support – Customer Support
Together we’re building a company that will endure and products people will love for generations to come.
We believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values - Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself - serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture.
Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, participating in our monthly Hackdays, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
Solve for what’s next—at PagerDuty.
Why We Need You
PagerDuty prides itself on providing remarkable, award-winning support to our ever-growing customer base. We strive to go that extra mile for our customers. Are you a Technical Support Engineer who shares our values and passion with debugging and resolving customer issues? You will be interacting with our customers on a technical level and serving as an escalation point from Tier 1 Support. Your responsibilities include providing technical support, debugging integration issues, writing custom scripts and helping customers get the most out of using PagerDuty.
How do you measure success? We measure our team's success in terms of how responsive we are and how many expressions of love we get from customers. You will play a crucial role in maintaining our friendly and personal rapport with our customers, even while the company scales in size.
- Provide excellent customer service and product support to PagerDuty customers
- Identify and resolve customer issues, taking escalations from Tier 1 Support
- Successfully debug and resolve customer email and phone requests through the use of varied ticketing, content and task management tools
- Set up monitoring systems, integrating them with PagerDuty and documenting the whole process
- Write custom scripts, code samples and integration guides for customer use
- Adding your own suggestions and efficiencies to improve our documentation, processes, and knowledge base
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- An excellent work ethic and attention to detail
- Experience writing code in Ruby, Python, Perl, or other popular programming languages
- Know your way around Unix systems and tools
- Willingness to work specific hours to provide SLA time-based coverage to our customers
- The ability to write about technical subjects clearly and in an engaging style
Nice to Haves
- Hands-on experience in a technical or product support capacity while supporting customers in the use of Software or SaaS Solution
- Experience with RDBMS such as MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Experience with monitoring systems and other tools that PagerDuty integrates with
Competitive salaries and company equity
Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family
401K with 1% match
Pre-tax commuter benefits, FSA, cell phone allowance and more!
Generous parental leave
Paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to 12 paid holidays and ample sick leave
Paid employee Volunteer Time - 20 hours per year
Monthly company wide hack days
Catered lunch daily plus breakfast on Wednesdays, and plenty of snacks and drinks
Convenient office location in SoMa tech hub – accessible by BART, Muni and CalTrain
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
To all recruitment agencies: PagerDuty does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PagerDuty employees or any other company location. PagerDuty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.