We are looking for a talented technical team member to be the user interface point person for our website, having a clear vision both for the visual design of how the site looks and also the mechanics of how the customer interacts with it - hence the UI/UX. Your job will be to meet with the key resources to understand the business goals, design the user interface and experience using prototyping tools, and then communicate that vision to engineering effectively. You will also coordinate research into effectiveness (either standalone or live-testing based). Ability to code some user interface work is a plus but not a requirement.
1. Meets with business resources (e.g., Sales, CTO, Marketing) to understand key business objectives that the software must support.
2. Creates wireframes, prototypes, documents, etc to describe the user interface and experience both to non-technical resources for understanding, and at a sufficient level of detail for technical resources to implement it.
3. Ensures that key information is documented and centralized in Asana (project management tool) and Confluence (documentation tool).
4. Works with project management to understand upcoming sprints and work release schedules and split the work into appropriate units.
5. Works closely with the front-end engineering team to ensure clear delivery of the vision.
6. Performs acceptance testing on the software prior to release, and writes up issues in Asana as necessary.
7. Writes higher level documentation such as style guides to serve for future expansion of this team.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
1. Quick learner – can process new information quickly and remember key points.
2. Track record of delivering results.
3. People-person with a team-centric attitude.
4. Strong design talent with a focus on making a simple user experience
5. Solid communicator able to combine input from a variety of different sources.
6. Attention to detail – looks for places or flows that aren’t quite right and fixes them
7. Multitasking skills – demands will come from various people throughout the day and must prioritize and juggle them with poise. Must be comfortable juggling various projects simultaneously.
8. Ability to inspire creativity and work well with different personality types.
9. Ability to consistently deliver work on-time, in a deadline-oriented environment.
10. Experience with Photoshop or other design tool
11. Experience with Sketch or other UX prototyping tool
12. Agile software development background.
14. Experience using Asana software for project management and Slack for instant messaging and basic files sharing is a PLUS.
1. 4-6+ years of relevant design work experience is a prerequisite.
2. Past experience in a startup, software company or advertising company is a PLUS.
Office in Las Vegas, Nevada.