Internal Communications Manager
Marketing – Marketing
Together we’re building a company that will endure and products people will love for generations to come.
We believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values - Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself - serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture.
Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, participating in our monthly Hackdays, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
Solve for what’s next—at PagerDuty.
Why We Need You
As a part of our next phase of growth, PagerDuty is looking for an experienced, organized, energetic Internal Communications Manager to plan and execute employee communications programs and initiatives. As a key member of the Corporate Marketing team, this person will work closely with heads of Marketing, Communications, and People on a variety of campaigns, programs, and events designed to support the company’s mission, culture, and values. This person should be an excellent communicator (both written and verbal) and storyteller, self-motivated, highly detailed oriented, a creative thinker and above all, a team player.
How You Impact Our Vision: Key Responsibilities
- Develop and execute proactive and strategic communication initiatives, programs, and events in collaboration with teams across PagerDuty
- Be the editor-in-chief of our internal narrative and storytelling, whether it’s through our weekly newsletter, monthly manager communication, executive videos and/or other communications channels
- Own the strategy and execution of our monthly global company All Hands - agenda setting, managing content, coaching speakers, and designing presentations
- Lead our strategy on internal communications and collaboration platforms, tools, and technology (specifically a new intranet)
- Drive all change management communications with clarity and empathy
- Have an eye and ear to the ground of all PagerDuty offices with the goal of maximizing the employee experience and to ensure PagerDuty remains a place where all employees belong and are included
- Be a shining example for PagerDuty’s culture, infusing PagerDuty’s mission, employer brand, and cultural values into everything we do
- 5+ years of strategic communications experience
- You have an uncanny ability to develop relationships and work with employees at all levels, including executive leadership, across a wide variety of teams and departments
- You have strong writing, verbal, and listening skills
- You are adaptable, stay cool under pressure, and think quickly on your feet
- You know how and when to take initiative to get projects done by masterfully using all possible resources
- You are an out-of-the-box thinker who is both creative and strategic
- You have intellectual curiosity and want to learn anything and everything
- You are supremely organized and have fine-tuned project and program management skills
- You have an eye for visual storytelling (presentations, video, digital signage, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations or a related field
Competitive salaries and company equity
Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family
401K with 1% match
Pre-tax commuter benefits, FSA, cell phone allowance and more!
Generous parental leave
Paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to 12 paid holidays and ample sick leave
Paid employee Volunteer Time - 20 hours per year
Monthly company wide hack days
Catered lunch daily plus breakfast on Wednesdays, and plenty of snacks and drinks
Convenient office location in SoMa tech hub – accessible by BART, Muni and CalTrain
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
To all recruitment agencies: PagerDuty does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PagerDuty employees or any other company location. PagerDuty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.